hi,

>       I compiled IRC transport and have a jabber server running with it.
> But the problem is that there is no help in the README file or in any other
> place to configure the transport to tell it about the IRC server it has to
> connect to. Anybody who has tried IRC transport please help me.
oups ! I apologize, I've forgotten to add a note about irc-t
configuration ...

before I had this information in the README, here is what has to be done :
        * in the browse section of jabber.xml, add :
          <conference type="irc" jid="irc.yourdomain"
                      name="IRC Transport">
            <ns>jabber:iq:browse</ns>
            <ns>jabber:iq:conference</ns>
          </conference>
        * then, add this :
          <service id="irc.yourdomain">

<load><irc_transport>./irc-transport/src/irc_transport.so</irc_transport></load>
            <conference xmlns="jabber:config:irc">
            <default>
              <!-- default IRC server -->
              <server>localhost</server>
              <port>6667</port>
            </default>
            <notice>
              <join> has joined</join>
              <leave> has ledft</leave>
              <rename> is now known as </rename>
              <topic> has changed the topic to </topic>
            </notice>
            </conference>
          </service>

To use a different IRC server, you can specify it in the address you
send in your enter request :
     #[EMAIL PROTECTED] : join #channel on default server
     #[EMAIL PROTECTED] : join #channel on
        irc.otherserver.com server

Regards,

Benoit.