On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, DJ Adams wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 11:18:08AM -0700, Brian Lalor wrote:
> > Can someone give me a quick overview of subagents?  how do you set up the
> > jabber.xml (or do you?) to let it know that they exist, and how should the
> > master agent behave?
>
> Hi Brian
>
> by subagents, do you mean components that connect to a Jabber server?

Well, in my dictionary, an agent is a component that connects to the
server, and then exposes other agents "below" itself in the tree. So:

. jabber.org
  `-- agent1
      |-- agent1-1
      `-- agent1-2

agent1-1 and 1-2 are then sub-agents of agent1.

In my pooled user idea I was talking about earlier in the week, there'd be
a pool agent/component that exposes sub-agents that are the pooled
aliases.  For example:

. jabber.org
  `-- PooledAliases
     |-- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     `-- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I know I've seen something like multi-level agents on jabber.org before;
maybe the irc component?

It probably has something to do with jabber:iq:agents that gets answered
by the component and not the server.

B r i a n  L a l o r                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     Spam me not.
   To get my pgp key, put "get pgp key" in the subject of your message

At Group L, Stoffel oversees six first-rate programmers, a managerial
challenge roughly comparable to herding cats.
-The Washington Post Magazine, June 9, 1985