On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 07:18:25PM +0100, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> hi list,

Heya! <snip/>

> a weblog with newsfeeds and jabber integration would be a valuable
> start. you already have some of the infrastructure in place,
> so its rather more an issue of integration than of wheel reinventing.
>
> i am strongly interested in using weblog technology to facilitate
> collaboration. i work in this field in fact, both by learning
> from the great knowledge management weblogs mailing list at

> and by contributing to a php based weblog system, postnuke
> http://www.postnuke.com
>
> we are facing some of the same problems within our project:
>
> - scalability (currently 86 developers and growing rapidly)
> - scope (we have about 5 major project related websites)
> - user-developer gap (bug reports linger in a msg board etc)
>
> at one time, we had more traffic on our mailing list than
> linux-kernel, which told us that we have a slight problem ;)
> this has led to initiatives to develop solutions along the
> lines you mention, temas.
>
> on the roadmap for our cms / weblog is xmlrpc integration.
> this enables very cool stuff like the jabber-weblog integration
> you did with jogger. i would be very interested to search
> for common solutions / implementations.
>
> granted i have a bias towards using our stuff with your stuff,
> but on the other hand i believe this is a major win-win.
> and, more importantly, any cooperation should be based on
> open interfaces so that other apps (cms etc) can plug in.
>
> hope this helps, and i look forward to your comments.
>
> gregor j. rothfuss
>
> project admin
> PostNuke Content Management System
>
> --
> Gregor J. Rothfuss | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://greg.abstrakt.ch

I definately agree about finding any common ground possible with other
projects.  Our new website system is actually highly based on web
services utilizing xmlrpc, soap, and of course Jabber.  We'll open up as
many of the interfaces as possible, as well as attempt to expose common
APIs that currently exist.

--temas