On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 12:00:31PM +0000, DJ Adams wrote:
> (Ref below - must've missed/forgotten this one: Jan Peter - I haven't
> used Net::Jabber for a while, so can't remember off the top of my head;
> but how about using a 'wrapper' type X extension to hold whatever
> RDF you want (i.e. two layers)?

The problem with Net::Jabber is not that I don't know how to include
my XML content in a Jabber query/message or whatever. The problem is
that I can't put it inside the <query/> container element. What I would
have needed is somthing like

my $iq = new Net::Jabber:IQ();
my $query = $iq->NewQuery( 'my:name:space' );
$query->SetXML( '<myXmlContentHere/>' );

I don't know how difficult it would be to add a SetXML method to
Net::Jabber. I guess Net::Jabber is just not designed to do this since
it handles XML not as strings but as a tree of Perl objects.

Anyway I've found another solution to my problem: I'm using
Jabber::Connection instead. ;-)

bye,
Jan

--
Jan Peter Hecking                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Rostock        Department of Computer Science