jdev,

I was curious if I could spark some interest in the development of a module for the
Jabber Server that could authenticate to ldapv3, which I believe is ldap + kerberos
authentication protocol, probably some other stuff I'm not aware of.  I understand
there is an xdb_ldap ? BUT, in an ldapv3 implementation, it seems the userPassword
property is not populated due to the fact that a separate kerberos database is kept
for the passwords.  This makes the ldap mod by itself ineffective.  With connectios to
the ldapv3, my thoughts on the goal would be to take away from Jabber's separate user
db and use the ldap db of users as its userbase and place of authentication.  I
believe this is what happens with the ldap mod already available when connecting to a
true ldap server?  The problem then comes back to the authentication, which cannot
occur in ldapv3 b/c of the kerberos password db.

Ideas or thoughts?  Thanks for you time!

Dave

David McDowell
Network Administrator
DynPro, Inc.
919.969.7076 x236
http://www.dynpro.com

~~ "Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own." ~~ Princess Diana