hello anton.

The jabber.org and jabber.com servers are provided as a free service to
the jabber commmunity. Jabber.com is based on the commercial jabber
server. While jabber.org is on the open source server there are quite a
few differences between the two.

The best way for you to test would indeed be for you to install the
jabber server followed by the yahoo transport and msn tranport. this
would allow you to watch how the server responds.

Also there is an excellent jabber programmers guide.available on the
jabber.com site.

hope this helps.

Anton Fernando wrote:

> I have written a Jabber client with basic functionalities. and I want to add
> MSN, Yahoo, ...  transports functionality.
> I noticed that jabber.com server and jabber.org server responds differently
> when adding msn transport.
> Then I focused the client for Jabber.org server instead of Jabber.com
> server.
>

> Now i can connect to MSN through Jabber.org server.
> But Yahoo tansport is not available in the Jabber.org server whereas it is
> available in the Jabber.com server.
> How can i solve this problem?
> If i install jabber-1.4.1.tar (from Jabber.org) locally, can it be
> configured for MSN and Yahoo transports?
> If so why Jabber.org server lacks that functionality?
>
> Please respond to this silly questions.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Anton

Raditha Dissanayake