Here's another potential solution:
Instead of writing a full-fledged HTTP server, just write a cheap one that
understands simple GET requests and simple upload requests.  That way,
you'll have compatibility with a standard (HTTP), but the implementation
won't be much more complex than a simple socket.  What do you think?

Dave Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>