At 10:48 AM -0600 2/27/02, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>I had heard that Yahoo changed their authentication protocol recently,
>which might mean that our transport wouldn't work anymore (I know that the
>Jabber Inc. transport has experienced some problems because of this). Is
>anyone still successfully running the open-source Yahoo Transport?

Yahoo is in the process of chaning their authentication. That much is
certain. The change has, as part of it's "reason for being" to kill
3rd-party clients (among other issues, certainly that's not the only
reason).

When I was still there, there was a cadre of folks who were trying to
convince TPTB that getting into an AOL-style pissing contest with
3rd-party client makers was a zero-sum game, and that Yahoo should
instead EMBRACE those people, well, we weren't really listened to.

Things might have changed since I left there in December, mind you,
but the discussions on this topic, on the libyahoo mailing list, seem
to continue to bear this out.