Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Namens Mike
Sassak
Verzonden: donderdag 28 maart 2002 1:04
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: Re: [JDEV] Jabberd in Startup on Linux

The following 'old-fashioned way' won't get you the convenience of using
'chkconfig', 'service', etc. but it does work.

Just add these two lines to the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

echo "Starting Jabber..."
/path/to/jabberd &

The above is quite optimistic - it doesn't check to see whether the
server crashed - 'cos if it did jabber won't start until you delete the
jabber.pid file. So I wouldn't do it this way on a production server,
but it is a quick fix.

HTH,
-mike