I've been using it . Jabber Applet Client .
but i've completely re-written it
once i completely test it  will soon post it . Under GPL add it as new project to source fourge . i am presently working on some UI changes of the Applet Implementation
 will take a day or two more.
 but my applet epects all the trasnports registered in Jabber server .(aim,icq,aol,yahoo)
 Best Regds
 Satish Reddy

Alper Tarhan wrote:
007101c1dba4$e6af4450$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
Anyone out there using the JabberApplet effectively ? Is it stable enough to be used ?

I have tried the prebuilt JabberApplet.jar version from sourceforge, it worked for a while but could not get it work again.
It keeps giving 'Problems informing the jabber server about our presence'.
I used to see my server's FQDN on the 'New Account' window at first, but afterwards it is replaced by -host-.
And then it started to fail. Any ideas?

I have also built it from the source and it seems to work. But everytime I do that, i get a different sized .jar file !
As far as I understand, the classes have dependecies so you should compile them in the correct order.
Or you should compile them all together at once! Am I right? Any difference?
I use jdk1.3 by the way and I am not into java much, but i am willing to work on it.

Alper