Thomas Parslow (PatRat) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible for there to be 2 or more unrelated elements within an IQ? For
>example would the following be valid and if it is then what would be
>the correct responce?
>
><iq from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]/resource" to="[EMAIL PROTECTED]/resource" type="get"
>id="id1">
>    <query xmlns="jabber:iq:version"/>
>    <query xmlns="jabber:iq:time"/>
></iq>
>
>It doesn't seem correct but I can't find anywhere that says that it
>isn't...

Hmm, http://www.jabber.org/ietf/draft-miller-jabber-00.html#anchor14
says that is legal :-) It also says that having a query and an error is
illegal, which the server already does.

It has always been my understanding that there is only one inner data
element allowed, with an optional error element. I don't see that
documented in the ietf draft, though.

-David Waite