On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 04:01:01PM -0600, Sean Kirkby wrote:
> Is that behavior specific to the reference "jabberd" server (or it's
> xdb_file module), or is it part of the spec?

Well it's always difficult to separate the two with many projects like
this, because the egg came before the chicken, so to speak. That's one
of the reasons for some of informative JEPs.

> If one wanted to store the roster data in an LDAP directory, do any
> provisions need to be made to ensure that the subscribe='' and hidden=''
>  attributes are stored with roster items that have a subscription type
> of "none", but haven't been accepted or declined for a specific
> request?

Well, it's not my place to dictate how things should be written; it really
all depends on what's necessary to emulate what jabberd, which in lots of
cases serves as the 'working copy' of the spec, does.

> Would it be better to simply create a new "subscription type" called
> "pending"?  I.E. if someone sends me a subscription request, they are
> added to my roster like this:
>
> <item [EMAIL PROTECTED] subscription=pending>

While 'hidden' attributes are sometimes less desirable than in-your-face
non-shy tags, I think the decision as to whether it would be better is
unavoidably linked to how far down the line we are now.

Wooly replies, I know, but things like this are never clear cut (to me)

dj