I'm working on a client, adding support for different proxy types. I
have SOCKS v4 and v5 and HTTPS CONNECT, but I still have users who talk
about HTTP proxy, making references to MSN Messenger. I haven't been
able to find anything relating to a standard way to do firewall
traversal using an HTTP proxy. I'm not even sure what I should be
looking for. I haven't been able to get information from the users in
question regarding what their HTTP proxy is (so I can contact the vendor
who makes it to find out how to make my client support it). Can anyone
give me any information about adding HTTP proxy support other than HTTPS
CONNECT tunneling? Ideally finding out what method MSN Messenger uses
(since that works through their firewall/proxy). Thanks in advance.

--
Justin Georgeson
UnBound Technologies, Inc.

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)