On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 02:20:40PM -0500, Ralph Siemsen wrote:
> The only way around this seems to be to have the agent permanently store
> the JIDs of all users who have subscribed the agent.  Then upon connect
> or disconnect, the agent has to explicitly send out presence events to
> all those JIDs.
>
> Have I missed something obvious?  Is the intention for agents to
> explicitly store their subscriber lists (on disk)?  Or is there a way to
> make use of the existing code in jabberd but applied to an agent?

The essential difference here is that clients connect (via the client
concentrator) and use the services of the JSM, and components just
connect to the jabberd backbone. A component is a peer, so to speak,
of the JSM.

The JSM contains a presence module that handles what you're describing,
so clients enjoy the benefit of that module's service. A component, on
the other hand doesn't, so the short answer is yes, the component must
do the work of the JSM presence module that it wants doing.

DJ
floating in and out of online-ness