Dan wrote:
Works fine except for the occasional delay when a DNS update is
being rolled out.
Indeed.. SO this will work most of the times for xDSL/Cable uses with a semi-permanent (semi-dynamic) IP adres but not for people with a dial-up modem.

For instance my DNS server (tue.nl) caches everything for one day, regardless of the TTL :\ And even with a low TTL Jabber will suck when their connection gets disrupted and they'll have to redial. THis will mean a new IP adres and waiting for DNS to propagate :\

So it'll work but only for semi-permanent addresses.

--
Bart van Bragt
"Take my advice. I don't use it anyway."