On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Andrew Sayers wrote:

> I'm currently at the phase of trying to write an MSN library

Why that?- Just use a library of a well-established program. Manpower is
critical so investing time in good glue code (= code that utilizes a
library to implement a Jabber transport) is far better than wasting time
on coding a legacy IM library itself. Keep in mind a Jabber transport is
*not* trivial even if we don't have to care for the low-level legacy IM
stuff - just take a look at jit.jabberstudio.org, it uses libicq2000 and
still needs 111k source apart from libicq2000 to get full transport
functionality. A typical MSN library is *less* than 100k.

I'd suggest to take for example the MSN code from GAIM as GAIM has pretty
active developers. Yahoo-t and AIM/ICQ-t are based on libraries that are
utilized by GAIM, too.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gaim/gaim/src/protocols/msn/

If we have Open Source, why not use the benefits of it? :-)

Regards