Hi,

I am trying to write a client for Jabber server version 1.4.2 and have following two functional requirements from the jabber server:

  1. My client probes for presence of users that it is subscribed to every now and than. It needs to associate the response with the request that it sends to the server. I tried adding id attribute to “presence” tag, but the server did not include the ID in response. I understand that this might be by design, but is there a way that I can make the jabber server send the ID in the response of a presence probe?
  2. I have a requirement that when the client disconnects, its offline presence is not distributed to its subscribers. Is there a way to achieve this?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!