Mike Mintz wrote:
In the recent/upcoming invisible presence option, how
will it be possible to take advantage of the invisible
option in other instant messaging services through
transports?  It seems to me that if one sent out
invisible presence, the transports would see that as
the user going offline, or not being online in the
first place (depending on when it is sent).

How would it be possible to tell the transport you
want to be invisible in the instant messaging service
it is connecting you with?

- MikeM

http://greetings.yahoo.com

Hi,

I am bringing up an old issue (dated back in 2001) about supporting invisible mode for transport users.

I have found that when "<presence type="invisible"/>" is sent out, the transports will simply lose connections.

Is there any thought on how to get invisible to all users, while maintaing connectivity to the transport gateways?

At least, is there any way to get invisible to all Jabber users, while get visible to all transport users? I know there is a way of sending invisible presences to individual users, so that we could potentially send invisible requests to all Jabber contacts, but it may not be a good elegant or practical solution.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Tony Cheung