> Hello. Implemented and tested SASL authentification against jabberd2rc2.
> Though PLAIN mechanism worked out of the box but DIGEST-MD5 failing to
> authentificate with server while perfectly works on examples that
> supplied in RFC2831. I also can't reproduce example that supplied in
> draft-ietf-xmpp-core-20 since there are not password and "secret" value
> doesn't produces a match.
I found the bug. I can not say for sure if client or server is buggy but this
is the cause:
python method base64.encodestring(smth) produces base64 code that
*separated*by*newlines*. It is seen on my debug output:
DEBUG: socket       sent  <response
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl'>Y2hhcnNldD11dGYtOCx1c2VybmFtZT0idGVzdCIscmVhbG09Indvb2R5OC5wZW56YS1nc20ucnUi
\nLG5vbmNlPSJjYTIxZTFkNzkxYTQzOGQ1N2VhYzc0MDNhMGFlOGEyMzBkODFkNDUzIixuYz0wMDAw
\nMDAwMSxjbm9uY2U9Ik9BNk1IWGg2VnFUclJrIixkaWdlc3QtdXJpPSJ4bXBwLyIscmVzcG9uc2U9
\nMmNjOTc1ZTc4OGExNTAwZjQwODVlNTY5NjYxYjY1MGEscW9wPWF1dGg=\n</response>
^^
And the C implementation of base64 that jabberd2 uses sees this as incorrect
padding and cutting my response, so the c2s returns "error 34: malformed
data".

> Since I do not sure if that problem is in my code or in my jabberd
> configuration please help with it:
> if you have jabberd2 that proven working DIGEST-MD5 mechanism, please
> test my code against it.
No more help needed on this topic.

--
Respectively