On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Trejkaz Xaoza wrote:

> Again, if _all_ you want to do is decrease the amount of time a client
> can be disconnected before they are noticed, you just have to configure
> the server to send keep-alives (which are presumably a blank space, just
> like you do from the client.)

Another problem is that at least with jabberd 1.4.x (and I think with
jabberd 2, too) messages being sent to ghosts (people who logged of
non-gracefully and who are still appearing as online) get simply lost. I
think WPJabber implements some work-around mechanism but I am not sure. A
solution would be to modify the server to store *any* message for a user X
until something gets received from the c2s connection of user X or he logs
off. This should implement at-least-once semantics in contrary to
at-most-once semantics at the moment.

Regards