On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:13:32PM -0700, Dr. Craig Hollabaugh wrote:
> JD and Kevin,
>
> SAX parsers parse as the stream comes in.

Unfortunately, this is not always true. I depended on such behavior of
libxml2, but it stopped work after upgrade to libxml2-2.6.7. When
I reported the but I was told that the older behavior was "not
guaranteed" and probably the "bug" will not be fixed. I don't think this
is right, but I made a workaround - simple XML preparser which splits
input stream into chunks (like stream start or single, complete stanza)
which are passed to the real (libxml2) XML parser for DOM-like tree
generation. Such workaround can be used for any XML parser API which
work on whole documents only.

Greets,
        Jacek