Mikael,

>>> and define static rooms from the web UI
>>  I'm not sure what do you mean by static room. But you can use any
>> XMPP compliant client (e.g. Smack, Exodus, etc.) in order to create
>> persistent rooms. The room's configuration will be saved to the same
>> database that Messenger is using. Whether the room is "Public" or
>> "Hidden" anyone can find it through searching and if the room is
>> "Open" anyone can enter the room.
>
> Yes I mean persistent rooms, didn't know it was possible to create them
> from a client. Are you talking about the Jive Messanger or is it part of
> the spec for a compliant MUC component?

Persistent rooms is part of the Multi-User Chat spec. Only XMPP clients that
support MUC are able/allowed to create MUC rooms. Clients that don't support
MUC can join a room but they can't perform moderator, admin or owner
operations.

> I meant from the UI where you manage the rest of the jabber server. Would
> be nice to also be able to define a bunch of persistent rooms.

That's definitely a cool idea that it's part of our roadmap. :)

Regards,

  -- Gato