I am in the beginning of my way, that is why probably I am so optimistic.
The main goal of my project is to understand why people like so much XML.
I just started looking at XMPP protocol as well.
For a moment I can see only one problem: it is reading XML from socket and
parse it on the fly.

--
Best regards
Maxym Gorodetskyy