Alexander Gnauck wrote:
Benjamin Podszun wrote:

On-topic, however, I don't think the JSF should be devoting resources to developing our own CMS. It would probably be more worth our while to find a dedicated system administrator to ensure PHP is set up properly, md5 tripwires are set up, and general system maintenance tasks are taken care of so that intrusions are detected in a more timely fashion. We can then make use of existing CMS's...

I agree in both points.. This is a jabber community - we don't need to develop yet another CM system. But a dedicated administrator or at least some more reasonable precautions should be taken, imho.

agree in both points too. I thought the old php code was some kind of own cms which could be a good base. But im sure Peter could give us more details about it.

Yes, it seems a waste of resources to develop yet another CMS. Plus, it doesn't seem that the project is large enough for a CMS solution, rather, the site needs to be put in SVN or CVS and then access given to the core developers (more heads are better than one).

I don't understand why you switched to SSI rather than PHP, as both can be insecurely used.

However, the most important part of new site update is to connect the old paths with the new ones as another person pointed out.

Thanks for doing the work to get this back online...much appreciated.

Jon

Jon Phillips

USA PH 510.499.0894
[EMAIL PROTECTED]