On Apr 14, 2005, at 6:14, Malik Ahsan wrote:

can any one help me in writing a client in VB6 for jabber i m in deep shit at the moment can't understand what to do and where to start bcuz i don't know any thing abt XML, but my company has assigned me to do that i am newly computer graduate and its my first market project plzzzzzzzzz help me if any one can.
i am waiting for ur replies at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If it is that bad, perhaps you should be honest with your employer? Typically when one starts a job they expect that one does not know everything, and will be willing to at least help one get the appropriate materials to learn, if not train. I don't understand why an employer would give someone the task of creating a Jabber client if that person does not understand anything about the technologies involved. If your employer does not realize how difficult this task is for you, things will not go very well in the future if you're not honest with them now.

Alexander Gnauck already replied with:
"first you should decide wheather you write your own Jabber/XMPP Library or use an existing one.
I think there are only 2 activeX libraries left. JabberCom and myMatrix. JabberCom is not developed anymore. You can download MatriX with a JabberClient Example at http://www.myjabber.net.
If you would use .NET technology or C/C++, there would much more libraries available.
Also checkout the library pages at jabber.org."

I've included that here in case you did not receive his reply.

Julian