Sander Devrieze wrote:
Op zondag 28 augustus 2005 21:31, schreef Ian Paterson:
<snip>

6. Ask people in my roster whether they know this person
(could be automated)

Yes we do need a protocol for this. Of course it fits perfectly with the
public key association techniques we've been discussing.

Or an option to invite a user to the roster of someone elso in your roster (similar to inviting people to a MUC room).

Sure, that's JEP-0144 (supersedes JEP-0093), which we've had in the Jabber community for ages -- although not as many clients implement it as one would like.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation