On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 03:39, Zhong Li wrote:
> I believe we really need a place save those personal, private stuff. You
> can put the idea anywhere you want.

...we have one.

> If we put on WebDAV, we have to create another system. Like SOCK proxy, it
> isn't in the core of XMPP, but we really need it. If Jabber can have
> another JEP or extends JEP-0049(better way), so for us it will be easier
> and wonderful thing.

It's not an issue of the JEP not supporting it.  If you'd read the JEP, you'll
find that it doesn't say that you can't put a terabyte of data in private
storage.

But that's not what you originally asked.

What you originally asked, was whether a *specific server*, jabber.org,
allowed you to store a large amount of data in private storage.  In that
instance, you can't, because it has been configured to avoid abuse.

Set up your own server, and the limitations go away.  If the server software
can't handle the large amount of data, try different server software.  Any
server which used an SQL BLOB to store the private data and had a huge amount
of memory available to it, would be able to do what you want without defining
new JEPs.

Another option which won't cane the XMPP stream so hard is not to store the
data on the server itself but to pass it to some entity via a file transfer
stream.

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          Web site: http://trypticon.org/