On 24 Nov 2005, at 5:19 PM, Hal Rottenberg wrote:

On 11/24/05, Norman Rasmussen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/24/05, Matt Tucker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ClearType refers to Microsoft's version of sub-pixel
anti-aliasing on LCD monitors.

I've found it even makes CRT fonts look easier on the eye.  Mainly
because it kicks in at any font size, and the ms 'standard'
anti-aliasing only kicks in over about font size of 20px.

I'll keep it OT and go even more OT: Cleartype is very subjective.  I
can't stand it at all.  In fact I can't fathom how other people can
use it.  I see a blurry individual sub pixel coloration thus ruining
the clean black text.

As far as I know, any type of sub-pixel rendering is discouraged for font sizes below 12pt.

Pieter.

Pieter Barrezeele                        email:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        jabber:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                    Unix sysadmin, Linux enthousiast

If Windows is the solution, please give me my problem back