On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Norman Rasmussen wrote:

You might also try presence elements instead of message elements -
depending on what you mean by the game event.

Typically I would map game movement to presence elements, and game
actions via messages - thoughts?

As long as its always directed presence elements (ie, with a 'to') that is being sent out. I have vague worries of such a game engine being used with a user's regular jabber credentials and annoying everyone on their roster with floods of spurious update information.

Quite apart from that, its a good idea. It means that regular jabber servers can be used on the servers, and the normal availability mechanism will nicely kick when a game connection disconnects.

--
  Bruce Campbell