On 1/2/06, bernhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new on the mailinglist - hallo to all.
>
> At the moment I'm working on a browser-based (jep-0124) jabber pubsub
> client.
> Pubsub is new and I have some questions.
>
> User - Pubsub relation
> -----------------------
> Is there a relation between user-jid und pubsub "home-node"?
> As I have seen, all the servers have the following settings:
>
> example:
> useraccount: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> pubsub-home: server="pubsub.jabber.ru" node="home/jabber.ru/testuser
>
> Is this a 1:1 relation? Is it possible to get the pubsub-home of a user
> with this alorithmus:
> server= "pubsub."+server
> and
> node="home/"+server+"/"+user.
>
> If not, is there an other possibility to get the "home-node" of a user?

afaik, it's not a 1:1.  I think you have to disco#info the user's jid
to find their pubsub node.

If you haven't, you should read http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0163.html too.

> Hirachie in Pubsub
> -------------------
> Pubsub - the global XML DB is really cool.
> If many applications store data using pubsub, there is a need for a
> "file hierarchie standard".
> Where should my application store user data?
> Is documentation available for that?

afaik, there's no standard way to do this yet.

> Limitations
> -----------
> It maybe makes not much sense, to store the content of a DVD, base64
> encoded in Pubsub.
> But where are the limits?
> I try to make a blog software the stores html files in pubsub.
> Is it a good idea, to store images in pubsub?
> Or is pubsub intended to save small files like config data?

as yet, nothing in any spec's.  I guess it's up to implementations to
allow the server admin to set a limit.

> URI
> -----
>
> I want to save HTML Files in Pubsub.
> To view the HTML Files a browser is needed and I need a URI Schema to
> display a specific html content.
> The html-documents will have links and this links will point to an other
> pubsub resource.
>
> The URL will look like:
> http://datenkueche.com/pubsubviewer.html#xmpp:pubsub.jabber.ru?node=home/pubsub.ru/pubsub1
> and will open the first item of this node and displays it after applying
> an XSLT XSS filter.
> A "relativ" hyperlink looks like <a
> href="#xmpp:pubsub.jabber.ru?node=home/pubsub.ru/pubsub2">link</a>
> Is this a good idea?

maybe rather use something like:
http://datenkueche.com/pubsubviewer.php/xmpp:pubsub.jabber.ru/home/pubsub.ru/pubsub1
or
http://datenkueche.com/pubsubviewer.php/xmpp/pubsub.jabber.ru/home/pubsub.ru/pubsub1

that way the relative hyperlinks are the same in xmpp and html: <a
href="pubsub2">link</a>.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
 - Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]