Dne úterý 04 duben 2006 20:58 Vinod Panicker napsal(a):
> On 4/5/06, Robert McQueen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > > Some servers support the old-style <presence tyle='invisible'/> (which
> > > was deprecated for various reasons when we published the XMPP RFCs).
> >
> > Yes, but Google Talk doesn't support this *or* jabber:iq:privacy. If I
> > send <presence type="unavailable"/> to gtalk, then it still sends
> > incoming presence to me, and only allows incoming messages if I've sent
> > outgoing messages to that person. Is this normal, or Google-specific?
>
> This behaviour would be against the RFC.  The RFC states that presence
> notifications are to be sent to "available" resources.  By sending
> presence of type unavailable, the resource goes into the "active"
> state.  In this state, the server should not be delivering it presence
> notifications, nor messages.

Yes, we should ask them to fix it. And even better, to support other required
thinsg, like jabber:iq:privacy and even the usual services, like offline
messages, private xml storage and vcards. Byt yes, I know it is still beta :D

But now seriously, I'm glad google is pushing XMPP to 'normal' users, and I
thank it for that, but it could do a bit better picture - the offline
messages would be nice.

--

Ostatně soudím, že uzavřené protokoly a formáty by měly být zničeny, stejně
jako Kartágo.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)