From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Stephan Maka
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:50 PM
To: Jabber software development list
Subject: Re: [jdev] Certification of XMPP compatibility of
clients,servers and other software which uses XMPP

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > [...] In the last time I saw a lot XMPP incompatible clients. Most
> > even don't do string prepping. So you see some kind of empty
> > nicknames in multi user conferences and so on. Maybe a kind of logo
> > for XMPP compatible software and hardware would be nice because it's

> > so easy to claim that software is XMPP compatible.

As different server implementations show different behaviour, it is
useful to test them, too.

I proposed writing a test software for this year's SoC[0] but
unfortunately no student picked it.

> We've talked about that for a long time. Maybe next year we'll finally

> get serious about it -- the XMPP interop event next week is perhaps a
> first step in that direction (i.e., it may result in some more
> automated testing software).

Is there testing software already? Possibly extensible?

Stephan.

[0]
http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code_2006_Project_Ideas#Gener
ic_Server_Work