Hi Lucas,

on Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > just fyi: I sent today a jabber:iq:version query to all Jabber-Servers
> > and -Components which appeared in the s2s-Logs of jabber.ccc.de during
> > the last hours, 542 in total, to figure out the popularity of the
> > different jabberd implementations and gateway distribution. Here are
> > some rough rundowns:
>
> Note that there could be a bias in your stats due to virtual hosting.

Yes, sure. To be precise: I am very well aware about that fact, for
example are there several of the amessage-domains in my list. There
are several other reasons for a bias in my stats, like for example the
fact that I compiled the list of the servers to query just using one
single jabberd.

This is for sure no academic research whatsoever, it is more a bit of
"Hacking perl scripts in the morning while waiting for the coffee
maker to finish" research -- no doubt about that.

However, I considered the results interesting, at least to give some
hints about the distribution of the jabberds.

If you have any suggestions about improving such stats, I would love
to hear them.

Florian.
--
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]