On 8/24/06, Christian Hammers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This account does not need to be visibly online or receive any answers
I just want to (mis)use Jabber to replace the old Samba+Winpopup
solution.

(Of course I could implement it like a single threaded printer-spooler
but maybe there already is a Jabber way of accomplishing it...)

Everyone elas has answered your question but I just wanted to point
out that this is very much *NOT* a mis-use of Jabber.  Jabber is not
just IM by any means.  Read JDEV, and S-JIG, you'll see all sorts of
non-IM use cases tossed around.  Chess and Whiteboarding are some
current topics on S-JIG for example.

XMPP would serve very well as a messaging backbone for all of Nagios
for that matter.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:[EMAIL PROTECTED]