From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Norman Rasmussen
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 10:36 AM
To: Jabber software development list
Subject: [jdev] xmpp server connectivity testing tool

Does anyone know of a testing tool that can check various connectivity
settings on a server?

I'm thinking check:
  - legacy c2s SSL
  - c2s, with STARTLS upgrade
  - c2s without STARTTLS
 - s2s dial-back,
  - s2s STARTLS (EXTERNAL)
  - automatically check 'sub-domains' discovered via disco can be accessed
correctly - i.e. check ssl certs include subdomains via wildcards, or
differentiated certs.  (obviously s2s needs to work
first)

I'm thinking something like the OpenID test harness [1], where the server
admin can supply his domain root, and the web-interface will go off and
connect using various methods, and return a valid/invalid checklist to the
admin.

[1] openidenabled.com/resources/openid-test/diagnose-server/

--
- Norman Rasmussen
 - Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]