;D  Except for the IM Gateway plugin for Wildfire, which uses JID
escaping.  @ is replaced with \40.  (of course you can still enable the
'percent hack' in it)  I must admit I don't really like how JID escaping
makes things 'look', but hey, it's an actual XEP.  ;D  As far as I can
tell, the percent hack never made it into anything official except that
nowadays it's mentioned in the jid escaping XEP as a "you shouldn't use
that anymore" type thing.

Daniel

--
"The most addictive drug in the world is music."
     - The Lost Boyz