Hi, and thanks for the reply.

Ive tried debugging it before, and tried it now again, but i get the
same message when i try to do it:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jabberd]# gdb jabberd
blabla
"/usr/local/jabber/jabberd-1.4.4/jabberd/jabberd": not in executable
format: File format not recognized

I will try not to download a prebuilt server like wildfire, because this
is a project im doing in my school where i gotta install this basic
server, so i can play with it and adjust it, and afterwards make a
javabased client.

Im using fedora core 6, and reinstalled it a couple of times, with no
luck. Maybe i should use an earlier version?
Dunno how to check my gcc compiler version? Suppose gcc is a standard
compiler that comes with fedora? As you can hear, I aint that used to
linux ;)

Thank you for your time :)

/Lars