> On 5/9/07, JD Conley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Last night I put together some guidelines [1] for presence priority
> for
> > desktop XMPP instant messaging applications. Anybody have any
> > comments/suggestions? Oh wait, I mean: I'm right and all current
> > implementations suck.
>
> Yes, they're GUIDELINES.  This isn't something that any spec forces on
> implementors.  So don't expect everyone else to have 'gotten it
> right'.
>
> If you're THAT sure about yourself, maybe you should submit patches to
> each of the clients that you have identified as 'suck', that way you
> can start bitchin' that they haven't accepted your patch, instead of
> just sitting back and pointing fingers.

Sorry Norman, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Perhaps mailing lists
aren't the best place for humor like that. :) I was just making fun at
the fact that a reliable way to get people to respond to a post on a
list is to rub them the wrong way.

I just want to get some discussion going on the subject of presence
priority. As the XMPP client landscape gets more diverse, coming up with
a good set of implementation guidelines is paramount.

-JD