Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> Matthias Wimmer schrieb:
>> The resource is allowed to contain '@' as well as '/'. Everything behind
>> the first '/' character in a JID is the resource.
>
> ... but this has nothing to do with XEP-0106 BTW.
>
> XEP-0106 is about mapping non-JID addresses in a JID. e.g. if you have a
> E-Mail address, that cannot map directly in a JID you will use XEP-0106.

Basically, yes. The idea for native XMPP addresses is that people might
want them to look the same as their email addresses. So if your email
address is d'[EMAIL PROTECTED] then you might want your JID to look
the same. But we can't do that natively in XMPP because single quote is
not allowed in a node identifier, so we need an escaping mechanism,
which is XEP-0106. So a JID of [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be
presented as d'[EMAIL PROTECTED] even in a pure XMPP system.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
XMPP Standards Foundation