One of two things are happening (if you didn't write the server
yourself):
      * Server only supports escaping as per the JID JEP recommendation
        (JID escaping). The server encounters an error and, as per
        recommendation, drops your connection.
      * The server assumes that &#1 is not valid, it may be seeing
        escaped/plain text as the same thing.
      * Try  the semicolon is important for some parsers. (HTML is
        forgiving/error tolerant, XML is not).

Look at the the element in the error, tell me what it is saying. Best to
IM me instead of filling up the mailing list.

--
Jonathan Dickinson
Developer [Xeer Technology]

email:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
jabber:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
twitter:    Moitoius

Principle will kick us all in the butt one day. If you have principle,
you have all you will ever need.