Hi,

I am looking into an issue where client A supports formatting of text, but client B does not. While client B will quite happily accept the text it will not display any formatting details specified by the sender. Ideally the formatting support would be disabled in client A for the session, if client B does not support formatting. Is this achievable with the jabber protocol?

I can imagine the other situation which would also need supporting where the user of client B is also logged in elsewhere, but with a client of different capabilities, which would seem to further complicate things.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Andre