On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 09:55 +0100, biojab biojab wrote:
> http://code.google.com/android/migrating/m3-to-m5/m5-api-changes.html#gtalk

Well, there really is a very valid point in not wanting to implement
standard XMPP for mobile devices. While XML-based communication is easy
to work with, it is really terribly inefficient. What we really need to
do is establish a STANDARD binary protocol for transmitting XMPP
information. Essentially a binary-encoding standard for XMPP. Then as
long as servers support that extension, clients will remain unaffected.

I certainly don't think that Google should be spearheading this
movement, but a formal standard should definitely be defined before
Android is ready to ship.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837