On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Remko Tronçon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  but the real added value of XMPP is the possibility to tune delivery
>  >  accordingly to presence or resources, thus tuning the feed to the
>
>  Sure, as long as you stay within your roster, all is well. This is why
>  PEP is very well suited for PubSub. However, my argument was that some
>  people believe RSS feeds should be removed completely in favor of a
>  PubSub system, and this goes well outside your roster. And once it
>  goes outside of my roster of trusted contacts, that's where I would
>  stop using a push system for notifications.

There are workarounds for this (e.g repeaters, or "federating" pubsub
servers, so that a feed publisher can see only anonymous nodes
subscribed to their feeds, and this will save even more bandwidth).
However my point was just: privacy should never be a stopper for
designing a service, just a requirement, then let users choose.

bye

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com