Hi,

as you mention ASN.1 and XML.
I did some research recently about it, and I found a standard 1:1 mapping for ASN.1 and XML-Schema, and there is also a ASN.1 encoding standard (extended XER or something like that) which ensures, that a structure serialized to XML
is valid according to the equivalent XML-Schema.

By using these two standards, it should be no problem to switch to ASN. 1 and vice verse.

Regards,
Gerhard

On 24/03/2008, at 4:32 PM, Evgeniy Khramtsov wrote:
Remko Tronçon wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on this?

I have a thought: you (along with EXI WG) are just reinventing ASN. 1. Of course, I know we cannot swith to ASN.1, so we have to reinvent a wheel. It's sad.