On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Remko Tronçon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >  That being said, a XMPP server is really meaningless if you don't
> define
> >  how much of XMPP you'd like to support. For a student project, I guess
> >  XMPP-core, XMPP-IM [3] server side would already be a solid project.
> More
> >  might hurt the success of the project.
>
> Instead of creating (yet another) full XMPP server, how about creating
> something like a standalone MUC component. This requires implementing
> a part of an XMPP server, but certainly not everything from core and
> IM. I have had a situation where I would have really liked to set up a
> MUC conference server without running the full blown server.

Have you seen palaver[1]? http://www.onlinegamegroup.com/projects/palaver

I have been thinking about using wokkel [2] to do the protocol parts and
then palaver just be backend groupchat.

[1] http://www.onlinegamegroup.com/projects/palaver
[2] http://wokkel.ik.nu/

wokkel is a nice project to implement 'parts'  of XMPP or XEPS.

It is python!