On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Magnus Henoch mange-at-freemail.hu
|jdev2| <...> wrote:
> "Remko Tronçon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>  > I don't really get how it works (or is supposed to work). Can you
>  > explain it a bit?
>
>  The client does what it is good at - slinging XML back and forth.  When
>  it needs to set up a Jingle session, it asks the component to do so,
>  relaying the necessary details oer D-Bus.  The component opens the
>  audio device and connects to the other party, hiding all such details
>  from the client.
>
>  This is essential to jabber.el, as it is unable to load libraries, but
>  other clients could use such a component as well.

I worked on something similar last year, inspired by Magnus's previous
efforts on jinglepipe (which IIRC for him led to the above), only in
my case it was a bot with negative presence signing in to the user
account with a different resource, and controlled by the user's main
client via ad-hoc commands.  Strangely enough, it even worked.

Today, I'm wondering whether a simple, specialized process to which
the main client forwards Jingle-related XMPP stanzas to, using a local
TCP connection, is the easiest/most portable way to do it.
Essentially like jinglepipe but over a socket.

--
Massimiliano Mirra
http://sameplace.cc