On 4/4/08 10:35 AM, "Alexander Gnauck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tomasz Sterna schrieb:
>> Who did? Could you give some examples?
>
> many did, I think we had this thread before. To name some, agsxmpp,
> gloox, tigase ....
>
> The build in .NET parser works only with several hacks, which is no fun
> and causes you lots of headaches with threading later.

I did it in Jabber-Net as well.  The big issue I recall was a change in CLR
1.1sp1 that optimized the parser so that it would only process 4k chunks at
a time.  One possible work-around was to search for stanza boundaries and
pad them out to 4k with whitespace (Ew!!!).  I just ported James Clark's XP
from Java to C#, and ended up with a much faster parser that didn't have
that problem.