Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
We assume that the client received a dataform of type "form" and then
submitted it (no need to include the types there because the entity
you're submitting to sent you the form in the first place), and yes I
think the client would need to remember the types it received in the
dataform of type "form" in order to properly parse the result. But we
could tighten up the spec on this score if that is desirable.

That's not always True. For example in XEP-0128, we get a result form without having previously requested anything, so we have no way to know which type of field it is.

This is a problem currently in Gajim as our DataForm parser accept several values element only in list-multi. So it doesn't parse correclty dataforms from XEP-0128. So we can't compute correclty caps hash (it contains those values)

But I'm not sure it's a good thing to guess field type from the number of values elements in it ...

--
Yann