Hi,

    I would like to do something that I thought it would be very simple, but I
can't figure out how to do it: I want access to user rosters from a component.
The idea is customising the response to user requests depending (e.g. service
discovery) on the contents of that user's roster.

    I have tried with the examples in the book "Jabber Developer's Handbook"
(both trying with routing and with direct xdb requests), but I only get errors
back. I guess that maybe those requests are outdated (the book is quite old),
but I can't figure out how to do it correctly.

My attempt with routing is:

    <route from='tada.localhost' to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/hunter'>
        <iq id='1426' type='get'>
            <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster'/>
        </iq>
    </route>

and I get this back:

    <route from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/hunter' to='tada.localhost' type='error'
           xmlns='jabber:client'>
        <iq id='1426' type='get'>
            <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster'/>
        </iq>
        <error code='400' type='modify'>
            <bad-request xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
        </error>
    </route>

My attempt with direct xdb is:

    <xdb from='sessions' id='1225' to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]' type='get'
         xmlns='jabber:iq:roster'/>

but I get this back:

    <xdb from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to='sessions' id='1225' type='error'
         xmlns='jabber:client'>
        <error code='400' type='modify'>
            <bad-request xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
        </error>
    </xdb>

So, any ideas? Pointer to component development documentation maybe? I haven't
been able to find much about that.  I am using ejabberd 2 BTW. TIA,

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>