2008/7/5 naw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> El Sábado 05 Julio 2008, JabberForum escribió:
>> What about this little bulb? For my own, I like it... or at least I
>> prefer it to this big "X" which looks really marketing to me (more than
>> the bulb)...
>>

> I also prefer "Jabber" and the bulb to "XMPP" and the X.

The bulb is confusing because people associate it with the jabber.org
website. They think they need to register an account on that website
and they forget there are other good services.

> And I think that for
> the average user "Jabber" is more appealing than "XMPP". There is also a user
> base that knows the system as "Jabber"
>
> I don't like the idea of changing "Jabber" to "XMPP"

The title tag on the Coccinella website was changed to "Instant
Messaging Client with Whiteboard". The old title tag was something
like "Jabber Client with Whiteboard". "Instant messaging client" is
better known to non-geek users than "Jabber client" or "XMPP client".
The idea is to slowly remove *all* references to both "Jabber" and
"XMPP" on the website and in Coccinella. We will call us "open
standards based" instead, with an XMPP logo button next to it with a
link to http://www.xmpp.org/ or preferably a directory with XMPP
software.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.